Summer is a great time, a time when you can and should gain strength for the whole year ahead. It is good for everyone, only for hair the burning sun rays can be disastrous. And not only the sun… Today we will tell you how to keep your hair healthy in the summer.
Any care involves minimizing the harmful effects of the environment and the use of various means. Let’s look at what summer can be disastrous for hair. And then we will move on to such an important issue as hair care.
The sun, air, and water are our best friends. Remember? We would argue with the author of these wonderful lines.
The sun is a source of vitamin D, but it also emits harmful rays, including alpha rays and Beta rays. The first destroy the hair cuticle. And the cuticle is one of the most important components, in addition to the cortex and medula. It is located under a layer of lipids, which in turn soften the friction of the hair and protect the cuticle from water. The destruction of this layer leads to a deterioration in the health of the hair, they become dry and brittle. Beta rays destroy the pigment, which leads to dimming.
If you are resting on the sea, remember that salt water is good for the skin (due to minerals and trace elements), but is harmful because it corrodes the hair structure. Bacteria in fresh water are also harmful. Hot air is another risk factor.
The use of gels, mousses, and fixative varnishes in the summer is also harmful to the hair.
Hair coloring in the summer dries the hair.
Using ploek, tongs, blow-drying in the sun – a few more items in the list.
Other factors include dehydration due to natural moisture loss.
How to care for your hair in summer
There are a few tips that will help you keep your hair healthy.
A headdress will help protect you from the sun’s rays. There are a lot of options: headscarves, bandanas, caps, hats, shawls.
In addition, we recommend using various products that protect the hair structure from UV rays. UV filters are organic and chemical. The first ones are more natural, but they enter the active phase only after 30 minutes. The second ones start acting faster. These products include minerals and oils that prevent the hair from drying out, as well as protect it from the damaging effects of the sun. Every major cosmetics company should have its own line that produces such products. It is usually called “leave in”. Protective products can come in the form of shampoos, balms, masks and sprays, as well as emulsions and products.
In summer, we sweat more often, and there is more dust in the air. Your hair gets dirty more often, especially if you live in a city. It is better to wash your hair daily, but you also need to carefully approach the choice of shampoo.
Experts recommend owners of oily hair to pay attention to natural line shampoos containing nettle extract, sage, mother-and-stepmother, seaweed, containing zinc, yeast, vitamins A, C and E. for dry hair, it is also better to pay attention to the natural line. Jojoba oil, grape seed extract, calendula, mother and stepmother, as well as lavender and nettle. And finally, if you have normal hair, then make a choice on shampoos with calamus and sage extract.
General recommendations for the selection of shampoo
- To keep your hair silky and protect it from dehydration, look for shampoos that include olive oil, oak bark extract, and Shea oil, which is also beneficial for the skin.
- If you need to not only moisturize your hair, but also return the proteins, use a shampoo with coconut milk;
- If the hair is damaged by various hairdressing manipulations, then you will need silk proteins. Plus the effect of moisturizing the entire length and structure of the hair.
- Dry, brittle, emaciated hair perfectly helps cedar oil, also included in some shampoos.
From tap water immediately recommend to abandon, as in the summer it is especially aggravates the critical situation of the hair due to its rigidity. Wash your hair with boiled water or use various decoctions at all. Nettle, birch, mother-and-stepmother, calendula, mint, burdock – it’s time to turn to traditional recipes. The broth is easy to prepare: five hundred grams of leaves are collected, finely crushed, poured with boiling water, infused for half an hour, then diluted until the desired amount of water is obtained.
It is extremely useful to use an infusion of sage, which is prepared at the rate of 2 tablespoons of dry leaves per Cup of boiling water.
Recommendations for the care of the head
- We remind you that it is better to wash your hair at least once a day. If you are swimming in a pond, rinse your hair after each bathing session. Especially carefully you need to wash your hair after the sea, since the remnants of salt are especially harmful to the hair structure.
- Try to lower your head when washing to improve blood circulation. By increasing the blood flow, you will help to get useful substances to their destination as soon as possible.
- Give up the hair dryer, but with a wet head it is better not to go outside. Therefore, plan the procedure in advance so that the hair has time to dry naturally. It is not recommended to use combs and brushes with sparse teeth.
- You can not dry your head in the open sun. And refrain from the use of ploek, hair dryer, Curling irons and other such devices.
- Trim the ends of the hair, and treat them with special oils that prevent their cross-section.
- A separate item – home hair masks.
Summer hair masks
It is recommended to make such masks at least twice a week. After all, they are one of the most effective means to protect hair from ultraviolet rays, salt, microbes and other destructive factors.
Masks for dry hair
- On the basis of oil. Mix two tablespoons of olive oil and the same amount of burdock oil. Then RUB it into the scalp and evenly distribute it over the strands. We get a protective film that protects against dirt, dust, bacteria and salt. The mask is applied at night and washed off in the morning. It is best to wrap your head in something so as not to stain the pillow. Wash off after applying the shampoo to dry hair and rubbing it well.
- Based on eggs. Take two yolks, add unrefined oil (vegetable or olive), mix and set to infuse for one hour. Then apply evenly to the skin and over the entire surface of the hair. Especially egg mask is recommended for dry and dehydrated hair.
- On the basis of an avocado. Make avocado puree in a blender or other way. Take three tablespoons of the resulting mass and add two tablespoons of oil. Apply to hair and scalp, leave on for 15-20 minutes, then rinse off.
Masks for oily hair
On the basis of yogurt.
Take a glass of one-percent kefir, drop four drops of citrus essential oil into it, then spread it evenly over your head. Leave the mask on for half an hour. This option helps with hair loss and gives them a healthy Shine.
Take two tablespoons of mustard powder, add the same amount of boiled water, stir until creamy, then RUB in the head for twenty to twenty-five minutes. This mask promotes hair growth.
On the basis of chamomile flowers
Especially suitable for blondes, giving an additional Golden hue. Take four tablespoons of chamomile flowers (whether dry or fresh), pour about fifty milliliters of boiling water, let the broth infuse and cool, in parallel, whisk the protein separated from the yolk and mix with the broth. Apply evenly to hair and leave for forty minutes.
On the basis of the orange
Whisk in a blender one orange, which must be pre-cleaned from the zest. Pour one tablespoon of microwave-heated honey into the resulting mush. Stir until smooth and apply over the entire surface of the hair. Recommended for damaged hair.
Masks for normal hair
Based on herbs
Take one teaspoon of plantain, chamomile (pharmacy), nettle and sage. Chop, pour a glass of boiling water, let stand for half an hour, then apply to the hair and hold for half an hour.
On the basis of bread. Rye mask
You need to separate the crust, and put two hundred grams of crumb in a quarter of a liter of boiling water. Stir and infuse for two hours. Then it is evenly applied to the head, but the limit for holding such a mask is half an hour, because then the bread will begin to dry to the hair.
Take three tablespoons of thyme, chop, pour two cups of boiling water. Let stand and cool, filter. This mask is perfect if you decide to swim in some fresh water. It will protect your hair and will prevent the penetration of bacteria in their structure.
Based on potatoes
Take a potato, RUB it. We need four tablespoons of this gruel. They should be mixed with yogurt or yogurt until smooth and liquid. Apply to the hair and wait an hour. First of all, this mask has a softening effect.
We tried to tell you about the main methods of hair care. Finally, we will add another very important rule: try to drink more water. It is recommended to drink at least one glass per hour. As already mentioned, dehydration is very detrimental to the health of the hair. We wish you health and good luck!