Dandruff is one of the most common and unpleasant phenomena in human life. Many people try to get rid of the annoying problem as soon as possible. However, very often the supply of the right shampoos, masks and moisturizing oils do not give the desired result. Let’s find out what to do to say goodbye to dandruff and prevent it from returning.
For many, dandruff is a cosmetic problem rather than a medical one. And some even accept the constant presence of white ” snowflakes” in their hair, considering it a slight inconvenience. But inaction is the main mistake. And a guarantee that dandruff will stay in the hair for a long time. There are many reasons for the problem, so before you start treatment, you should find out the main one.
- Seborrhea. Violation of the sebaceous gland, which is characterized by excessive secretion of sebum.
- Vermin. The vital activity of mites and lice irritates the delicate scalp, so it often causes peeling.
- Allergy. Some hair products and food products may cause unwanted allergic reactions. If you notice that a certain cosmetic product or food has a negative impact-you should exclude them from the shelves of the bathroom and refrigerator.
- Fungal disease. If you often experience itching and skin irritation-it is worth checking the scalp for the presence of fungus. Its treatment will require a special approach.
- Vitamin deficiency. An unbalanced diet causes a lack of important elements in the body, which is very bad for the condition of the hair. They become dull, brittle, and the scalp – dry, which creates an ideal field of activity for dandruff.
- Stress and hormonal disruptions. If you have a suitable shampoo, a normal condition of the scalp, and dandruff appears from time to time – try to be less nervous, have a good rest and get enough sleep.
- Problems with the organs of the gastrointestinal tract. The consequences of such diseases often affect other parts of the body, including the condition of the hair.
Frequent hair coloring. Do you like to experiment with images and often color your hair? Even the most gentle products can cause significant damage to the skin.
Way of treatment
First, you should understand that dandruff can spoil not only the hairstyle and image, but also affect the health of the hair. Therefore, before starting treatment, you should contact a trichologist who will determine the type of dandruff and prescribe a comprehensive course of treatment. Usually, the doctor prescribes special shampoos and ointments containing tar, salicylic acid, and ketonazole. It is also recommended to drink a course of vitamins and carefully monitor the diet. You can also relieve the symptoms of dandruff with the help of folk remedies.
Treatment at home
Not all expensive drugs can help in the treatment of dandruff. You can try to stop the light form with the help of tools that you will always find at hand.
- This mask is suitable for the prevention of dandruff. Beat 3 fresh eggs to a froth with a few spoonfuls of warm water, apply to your hair and leave for an hour. Then rinse thoroughly.
- Mix 100 g of yogurt without additives with 2-3 tablespoons of ground black pepper and mix well. Apply for an hour, rinse, then wash your head with shampoo.
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil, it should be warm, but not hot. Carefully RUB into the hair roots, then wrap your head tightly with a bag and go to sleep. Rinse thoroughly in the morning with gentle cosmetics. To enhance the effect, you can add a few drops of sea buckthorn oil to the olive oil.
- A recipe that will not only help against dandruff, but also strengthen your hair properly. Add a few drops of essential oil (rosemary, lavender) to a portion of shampoo. Wash your head as usual. Instead of oils, you can mix shampoo with 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- Castor oil should be applied to the hair for 30-40 minutes before shampooing.
- Coconut oil is an ideal companion for healthy and manageable hair. It is easy to apply and absorbs well. You can mix the product with a few drops of lemon juice and leave for 20-30 minutes, then rinse well.
- Peel the ginger root and grate it on a fine grater. Squeeze the juice through cheesecloth and add 70-100 ml of sesame seed oil. Mix and apply to the scalp. Leave on for 20 minutes, then rinse your hair with cosmetics.
- Mix tea tree oil with a small amount of shampoo, apply and leave for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Mix the juice of a ripe orange and aloe in a ratio of 1:2. Then add the yolk and grated garlic clove. Mix thoroughly, apply to the scalp, wrap in a bag and leave for half an hour. Rinse thoroughly.
- Also, for the period of treatment, you can replace shampoos with household or tar soap. It cleans well and does not dry the hair.