Almost everyone knows what a banana is since childhood, since it is a delicious and healthy tropical fruit that is sold in our stores all year round, so let’s look in detail at the benefits and harm to the human body from eating bananas, as well as the vitamin and chemical composition of the banana.
Banana composition, its nutritional and energy value
Banana is not just a delicious and affordable inexpensive fruit, but also useful, thanks to its components. Each banana contains a lot of sucrose, glucose, fructose, fiber, as well as useful vitamins and trace elements necessary for the life of the human body.
Bananas are rich in vitamins and trace elements such as vitamin C (about 9 mg per 100 grams of product), Magnesium (about 30 mg), Calcium (5 mg), b vitamins, E, Calcium, and primarily Potassium (about 360 mg), which is very useful for many vital organs in the human body.
Bananas contain almost no fat, and 100 grams of fruit contain 0.3 grams, 1.1 grams of protein, and 23 grams of carbohydrates.
An interesting fact about bananas: in some countries, bananas are one of the main products in the daily diet (for example, in Ecuador, on average, every resident eats at least 75 kilograms of bananas in one year, and in our country this figure is 10 times less).
Calorie content of bananas
The number of calories in one banana can be from 70 to 100 kcal, this figure depends on the size of the banana, so on average we can assume that the caloric content (energy value) of the banana is 85 kilocalories.
Interesting, the caloric content of a green banana is higher than that of a ripe one and equals on average 110 kilocalories, while the caloric content of a dried banana is still an order of magnitude higher and equals 300 kcal.
Benefits and harms of bananas for the human body
- The benefits of a banana for the stomach and digestive system. Bananas help cleanse the body of various harmful substances, are useful for some stomach diseases (for example, stomach ulcers). These fruits do not irritate the gastric mucosa.
- A useful distinguishing feature of bananas from many fruits is the absence of allergens in their composition, so they can be safely eaten by both adults and children.
- The unique composition of microelements in a banana helps to activate brain activity, tone up well, and lift your mood (thanks to the production of serotonin).
- Banana will be useful for heartburn, as it helps to soothe and envelop the gastric mucosa.
- The benefits of the banana are also noticeable for the cardiovascular system, as useful trace elements in its composition help to strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
- Bananas are popular and widely used in the diet of athletes, as they help in gaining muscle mass, strengthening muscles and bones.
- Bananas are useful in diseases of the liver and contribute to improve its performance and recovery.
- Do You have a desire to quit Smoking and get rid of your attachment to nicotine? Bananas will also help you in this case, as they help to neutralize the harmful properties of nicotine and reduce the craving for Smoking.
- Useful properties of bananas are also applicable for hypertension. Eating just 1 banana a day helps to normalize blood pressure.
Note: green bananas contain more sodium, which is no less useful for maintaining human health than potassium.
Benefits of bananas for women
Bananas are widely used in cosmetology. On the web, you can find a lot of recipes for banana-based masks for the skin of the face and body, as well as for strengthening and maintaining the health of hair. For example, a recipe for one of these facial masks can be prepared in a couple of minutes: mix the ground banana pulp with cream (one to two) and add a teaspoon of natural honey, after which the mixture is thoroughly mixed and applied to the face for 20 minutes, then washed off with normal warm water.
It is useful for girls and women to know that bananas are part of many diets, or are their main components, so when choosing a diet correctly, bananas will help fight excess weight.
Benefits of bananas for men
The use of a banana has a positive effect on the potency and sexual desire in men (and women too), so the male sex has long adopted this knowledge. In this case, bananas have a positive effect on the quality of sperm produced in men.
Useful properties of dried bananas
Dried bananas are several times higher in calories than regular fresh ones, so they are a good nutritious snack that is useful to eat in the first half of the day (for example, during lunch), while the dried banana retains all the useful vitamins and trace elements, as in fresh fruit.
Interesting fact: in Asian countries, not only dried bananas are popular, but even banana chips. Banana chips are quite tasty, but do not abuse them, as this can harm Your health.
What is useful for banana peel?
Surprisingly, you can even find a use for the peel (skin) of a banana. For example, for insect bites, so that there is no inflammation and itching, you can attach the banana peel to the bite site (from the pulp side) and RUB it over this place.
Also, from the banana peel, compresses are made, which are applied to the head for headaches.
Harmful properties and contraindications to the use of bananas in food
Bananas are not without drawbacks, so let’s look at what can be harmful to human health from a banana:
- The banana has a considerable sugar content, so these fruits should not be abused by people with diabetes.
- When using unripe bananas, bloating and increased gas formation are possible. Green bananas are hard to digest in the human body.
- Eating a banana with milk can lead to an upset stomach.
In conclusion to this article, it can be noted that the useful and medicinal properties of the banana make this fruit not only a delicious and inexpensive delicacy, but a good helper for maintaining the health of all members of Your family, which is why bananas are so popular in all countries and are regularly eaten, both raw and as an ingredient for cooking various dishes, desserts, cocktails and drinks.