Acne is usually considered an enemy of teenagers. Stress and increased work of the sebaceous glands really cause skin problems for teenagers. However, very often acne occurs even when you have already forgotten about them. We will carefully consider ways to get rid of acne, their pros and cons, and also advise how to clean the skin with the most common products.
Why do acne appear
In fact, there are many causes of skin problems. They can be hormonal or not, occur due to internal organs or external influences. This is why it is important to find out and understand the cause of acne in order to apply effective treatment.
- Enhanced work of the sebaceous glands,
- Inflammatory process,
- Lack of hygiene,
- Clogged pores of the skin,
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract,
- Lack of hygiene,
- Low-quality cosmetics,
- Abuse of antiseptic products for washing,
- Acne mite,
- Certain periods of menstruation,
- Hormonal failure,
- Negative effects of UV rays,
Acne can accumulate in different areas of the skin, depending on the underlying problem. For example, pimples on the cheeks indicate problems with the stomach, and a rash on the chin – diseases of the genitourinary system.
Types of acne
Comedos. Greasy plugs that occur due to the above reasons. We all know them as black dots that clog pores and lead to skin inflammation. Open comedones are located in the upper layers of the skin, and closed ones are much deeper. It is the latter that provoke the appearance of pimples.
Papule. An inflamed pimple of a flesh or reddish color.
Pustule. This is a pimple that contains pus.
Knotty pimple is a more complex form of acne, since this type penetrates into the deep layers of the skin and it is not so easy to cure them.
Lightning eels. A severe form of the disease, in which a painful rash appears, the temperature rises, and the General health deteriorates. The disease requires special treatment under the supervision of a doctor.
Now let’s figure out how to get rid of acne medically and using home remedies.
How to treat acne
Before starting treatment, you should consult with a therapist or dermatologist. The doctor may ask for additional tests to make a correct diagnosis. Then the specialist prescribes treatment-medication in combination with cosmetic procedures. A specific diet will also be recommended, because very often salty, fatty, and sweet foods have a negative effect on the skin.
Do not forget about thorough cleansing of the skin. For washing, use special foams or gels, or simply rinse your face with cold water. If there are violations in the endocrinological area, hormonal drugs are prescribed. Also, if there is no Allergy, you can use a chemical or laser peeling. But limit the use of cosmetics, stopping at the basic makeup. Use only high-quality cosmetics.
You can prepare remedies for fighting mild forms of acne at home.
- Take 2 tablespoons of celandine and pour boiling water. Cool, separate the liquid and wipe the areas with acne 2 times a day.
- To wipe the face, you can use a tincture of calendula. To do this, pour boiling water over the dry inflorescences and let them brew. Apply to the sponge and wipe the skin. You can also buy a ready-made tincture in a pharmacy.
- Grate the cucumber on a fine grater or squeeze the juice using a juicer. Use the lotion after thoroughly cleaning the skin.
- The same mush can be made from aloe leaves. It is an excellent antiseptic and relieves inflammation.
- Prepare a tincture of chamomile, St. John’s wort or sage – it is enough to pour a few spoons of dry grass with boiling water and insist.
- Prepare a chatterbox from salicylic acid, streptocide, levomycetin and camphor alcohol. Finely crush the tablets and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Shake and apply once a day.