Many people dream of losing weight quickly and not harming their health, but to achieve their goal, you need to make some effort. Here are 5 main principles of weight loss that will help you quickly and effectively get rid of extra pounds.
Do not forget that each person is different, not all lose weight at the same rate. This depends on several factors, such as initial weight, fat percentage, lifestyle, and eating habits. On average, according to experts, a week can be lost from 0.5 to 2 kg of fat.
1. A balanced and healthy diet
Diet is one of the main factors of weight loss. In addition to quality, the number and time of meals also play a key role in weight loss.
Choosing healthy food products
- Limit the sugar. This applies to sweets, cakes, pastries, carbonated drinks, fruit juices and all other sweet products. Don’t forget to read the composition on the package before putting the product in the supermarket basket. If you like fruit juice, give preference to freshly squeezed.
- Forget about foods with hidden sugars. This applies to sauces (ketchup, pasta sauce) and some yogurts, such as drinking ones.
- Limit carbohydrates and replace them with healthy proteins and fats.
- Eat more fiber, which is found in large quantities in fruits, vegetables, cereals and nuts. In addition to the fact that fiber is useful for the bowel, coarse fibers also provide rapid saturation.
In addition to quality, portion size is also important. There is a very simple way not to overeat — eat slowly! It may seem trivial, but it really works. Thanks to a leisurely meal, you can:
- Feel full faster and, as a result, eat less.
- The caloric content of one meal will decrease by an average of 10%.
Eating in a hurry is harmful when you want to lose weight. The stomach receptors will send a message to the brain about satiety only 20 minutes after the start of a meal, which is why it is so important to savor every bite.
Another tip: before eating, drink 1 glass of water, which will reduce the feeling of hunger.
Finally, eat protein for Breakfast. Proteins have a long-lasting satiating effect, so you will eat less during other meals.
To lose weight quickly, you should avoid eating carbohydrate foods in the morning and here’s why:
- After carbohydrates enter the body, the body stops burning fat and begins to consume sugar as a more affordable source of energy.
- The more sugar you eat, the more you need it.
- Carbohydrates lead to an increase in insulin production, and the higher this production, the greater the fat reserve.
An important point is the time of eating, depending on the biological clock. If you exercise, consume carbohydrates immediately after training. And this does not contradict the previous advice (the use of carbohydrates prevents the body from burning fat). In fact, when you exercise, your body continues to burn fat, despite the consumption of carbohydrates, because after sports training, sugar reserves are completely or partially depleted. By consuming carbohydrates, you will quickly regain strength and muscle.
- Don’t skip the main meals. In the morning, prepare a rich and hearty Breakfast, dinner should be light.
- Don’t snack between meals. If you are hungry, drink a glass of water, tea or coffee without sugar. Also, don’t forget to drink water before and between meals.
- Include flour or starchy foods (bread, rice, pasta, potatoes) in each meal.
- Exclude sweet and fizzy drinks and alcohol.
- Give preference to fish and lean meat.
- Eat a lot of vegetables fresh or cooked.
- Eat a maximum of two fruits a day.
- Avoid sauces, sweets, pastries, ice cream, and other foods that contain hidden sugars.
2. Regular physical activity
Interval training method
For effective weight loss, sport is mandatory! But if you think that intensive training is the best option, know that an interval sports session is much more effective. For example, classes can be divided into 3 sets of 20 minutes: 1 minute of intensive training and 30 seconds of recovery.
Practice before eating
Sports activity before the meal will help to limit the production of insulin. As you know, when it is produced in large quantities, it contributes to the accumulation of fat, especially in the abdomen. To limit the accumulation of fat, it is advisable to train before eating.
3. Proper infusion and motivation
Having a good mood and motivation is necessary to achieve results.
- First of all, keep in mind that you should lose weight for yourself, not for others.
- Also determine for yourself the reasons that motivate you to lose weight.
- Try to distinguish the feeling of hunger from the desire to eat. A full meal has two goals: to provide you with energy and essential nutrients for the long term. A snack is intended to suppress hunger until the next meal, so it should be light but satisfying.
- Set achievable goals. Many people, wanting to achieve visible results faster, tend to overestimate their strength. When faced with the first difficulties, most give up. This is why it is important to set realistic goals. For example, plan to lose 3 kg in the first month, and then 4 in the next. If you reach your goal, it will motivate you to continue on your way to a beautiful figure.
- Do not hesitate to ask for help, which will not lead “your fight” alone. But where to look for support? It may be your friends or relatives who want to train with you. If you don’t find anyone interested, join a group of like-minded people who can easily be found on specialized sites.
4. Stress control and management
Stress causes the production of cortisol (an anti-stress hormone), which, when produced in large quantities, leads to the accumulation of fat at the level of the abdominal zone. A high rate also causes an increase in blood sugar levels and therefore makes it difficult to lose weight.
Useful to know! If the period of stress is short-lived (as a result of excitement or surprise), it will not have a negative effect. On the other hand, if the stress lasts for a long time, it will inevitably lead to the consequences mentioned above.
Here are a few ways to help you relax:
- Watch TV, listen to music, or do something else that calms and relaxes you.
- Do not follow a harsh diet (low-calorie, high-protein).
5. Full sleep
Sleep plays a huge role in the weight loss process. On average, a person needs to sleep 7 hours a day.
The results of some studies have led to the following conclusions:
- Lack of sleep causes an increase in the hormones leptin and ghrelin — hormones that cause appetite.
- Lack of sleep is associated with a high risk of obesity (89% in children and 55% in adults).
Some tips for a good sleep:
- After 20 hours, do not sit in front of the TV or computer.
- Do not drink caffeinated beverages during the evening.
- Go to bed at the same time every day.
- If you can’t sleep, don’t look at the time.
Follow the rules mentioned above, keep the pleasure of eating, be determined not to give in to temptations and continue to move towards your goal and then the process of losing weight will not be a heavy test, and the result will exceed all your expectations.