Not everyone wants to lose weight. There are quite a few people who are concerned about the reverse problem: how to increase body weight. Because being too thin is not only not beautiful, but not great. The body, to function normally, you need to be in the correct, healthy condition. Otherwise, the problems begin. But “recover” is not just a way that scales up the numbers in the box. As a rule, we are talking about increasing muscle mass. And diet does not play a key role in weight gain. About 10 important components of proper nutrition described in the article.
NOT TO COLLECT THE FAT AND FEED THE MUSCLE
In an effort to gain weight, you should not focus on the size of clothes, not kilograms or centimeters of volumes. As a rule, it is better suited for BMI – body mass index, which gives an idea of the correct ratio of height and weight of a person. BMI is calculated by the formula:
- weight expressed in kg : (height in m)²
The world health organization (WHO) conducts statistical studies that determine the “normal” value of BMI, deviations from which are considered undesirable. Low BMI indicates a lack of weight, increased – the presence of excess weight or obesity.
The ideal indicator of BMI can not be considered, but to focus on it when correcting body weight – quite.
There are other indices that allow to determine not only the ratio of height and weight, but also the ratio of muscles, bones and fat “reserves” of the body. To properly build a plan of movement to the goal in the form of a beautiful and healthy body, it is better to turn to specialists who will not only be able to correctly determine the existing state of the body, but also to give advice regarding the training schedule, regime, and, of course, diet.
If the goal is not to become a sumo champion, then it is very important to make the right diet so that the muscles receive enough energy for physical work, the body organs do not experience a deficiency of nutrients, and that nothing has to be stored for the future in the form of fat.
The process of weight gain should be as gradual as weight loss and be no more than 2 kg per month. To maintain this mode, you need to individually calculate the daily rate of calories consumed. This indicator will be adjusted if necessary, and for this you need to keep a diary in which to record changes.
As a rule, when gaining weight, the basis of the diet is carbohydrates – from 40 to 60%, slightly less protein – up to 35%, and least of all fat – 10-15%. Changes in meal should be gradual not to infringe work of gastroenteric path. What foods best meet the requirements of the diet for weight gain?
CARBOHYDRATES: CEREAL, CHOCOLATE, BREAD
- Porridge is an excellent source of “slow” carbohydrates that provide the body with energy. Usually advised to focus on oatmeal and buckwheat, but rice should not be neglected. Porridge can serve as a side dish to meat and fish, or a separate dish for Breakfast, for example. Can be promoted in porridge dried fruits or fresh berries, milk, kefir, oil (in moderate quantities).
- Bread is also a good source of carbohydrates. Fits wholegrain bread or with the addition of bran. If you have a bread maker, you can provide yourself with delicious bread with a variety of additives – sunflower seeds or pumpkin, nuts, prunes, etc.
- Those who love chocolate, it is possible to include sweets in your diet. But only quality, with a cocoa content of not less than 70%.
- Natural marmalade and marshmallows. But not Eastern, and in the Northern version, with Apple puree with egg whites. Although the East, of pureed berries, also a good treat.
SOURCE OF PROTEIN: MEAT, FISH AND SEAFOOD, EGGS
Protein is necessary for building muscle mass, these are the “bricks” from which muscles are built. The source of this important component is:
- Chicken and quail eggs. They can be used almost every day, and together with yolks. The norm of chicken eggs – 10 grand in a week, quail it is possible more. Eggs can be made into omelets, boiled or added to other dishes.
- Seafood is an excellent source of protein. Crabs, shrimp and squid should take their rightful place on the table. And they will be accompanied by fish, from which the body will receive not only easily digestible full-fledged protein, but also such important components of nutrition as omega-3. Fish can be both freshwater – carp, pike and sea. In particular, mackerel, cod, all kinds of salmon, from chum salmon and salmon to Arctic char and trout.
- Meat and poultry. The opinions of nutritionists are divided here. Some people recommend to make the base blaboratory beef, others insist that the Turkey and chicken is much more suitable for those who seek to increase muscle mass. But, as red meat still is better in the ration to limit, it is worth to prefer bird meat. Turkey and chicken fillets can be boiled or baked, using both as a hot dish and as a snack and a cold snack.
MILK PRODUCTS: FORGET LOW-FAT VARIETIES
- Milk is valuable not only because it has proteins and fats in easily digestible form. The use of milk can reduce the unpleasant consequences of intense physical activity in the form of muscle pain. If there is no lactose intolerance, whole milk and dairy products can be included in the diet daily. They can be part of smoothies, milkshakes. Milk is added to porridge, and yogurt and yogurt can serve as a dressing for salads.
- Cottage cheese is a good source of protein and calcium. You can serve it with sweet fruits, nuts, dried apricots and raisins, or flavor it with herbs, garlic and a little salt. A good snack turns out from mix of curds, soured cream or yoghurt. The mixture can be spread on bread or stuffed with fresh tomatoes. The optimal fat content of cottage cheese is 9%.
- Real, live yogurt will not only provide protein intake, but also support the optimal composition of the intestinal microflora, help to establish the work of the intestine. To have full confidence in the absence of undesirable ingredients in yogurt, it is better to prepare this useful product yourself, it is absolutely not difficult.
- Cheese, hard and soft. Cheese is a great source of calcium and protein. It is only necessary to avoid too salty and spicy varieties of cheese, so that excess salt does not cause water retention in the body and swelling.
FRUITS, VEGETABLES, BERRIES: FIBER AND CARBOHYDRATES
First, it’s just delicious. Secondly – it is very useful from what point of view not to look.
What vegetables and fruits should be paid attention to in the first place?
- Banana. These fragrant fruits contain starch – a source of “slow” carbohydrates, and potassium. Bananas can be a snack (including after a workout), add them to smoothies and fruit salads.
- Cherry juice which helps to get rid of muscle pain after considerable physical activity.
- Dates. A few dates – a great, energizing snack.
- Forest and garden berries – currants, raspberries, cranberries, strawberries, blueberries, etc. a Wonderful source of vitamin C, a delicious addition to porridge, cottage cheese, as well as a component of nutritional and vitamin cocktails and smoothies. Please note: when preparing homemade yogurt, berries should be added to the finished product, because fruit acids inhibit the growth of beneficial bacteria.
- Avocado – a unique fruit, which should be attributed more to vegetables than to fruits. Avocado fruits are very high in calories, and they are perfectly absorbed. Avocado is used to make salads, it is added to rice and pasta dishes, or simply scoop out the tender buttery flesh of a ripe fruit with a spoon.
- Roots: carrots, beets, turnips. They have a lot of carbohydrates, but the main advantage – high fiber content. In addition, it is one of the most inexpensive and widely available products. Unlike the same avocado, for example.
- Potato. Potato lovers can exhale: diet for weight gain allows for inclusion in the diet of potatoes, in contrast to the “weight loss” diets. Preference should be given to boiled and baked potatoes. And not to abuse it too much.
SEEDS AND NUTS
- A handful of nuts can be a good snack. And they are added to salads, casseroles and homemade bread. Pay attention to almonds, walnuts and hazelnuts, cashews, sunflower seeds and pumpkins, sesame seeds, flax seeds.
Bon appetit and a beautiful figure!